Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wait, what?

Ok, so I remembered I have a blog.  And I was going to blog about gaming stuff.  And maybe other stuff.  And my grammar and sentence structure suck.   So...wait, what's my point?

I dunno.  But I guess I'll come up with something to talk about.

1.  Played Arkham Horror for the first time last weekend.  Thanks for hosting us Mongo!  I like the game, unlike SOME people at the table who evidently brought their grouchy pants.  There is a learning curve to be sure.  I felt like I needed several turns to even get my bearings on what I was supposed to do,  how the gates worked, and how to best keep ahead of the game.  Of course, by then, we were screwed.  We had 3 gates sealed I think, and I closed another, but was not able to get it sealed.  I underestimated the importance of that, as beasties kept creeping out everywhere.   Now that I have a sense of how the game flows, I would really like to try it again.

2.  Been playing Pandemic a lot lately with the family.  Clever game, and insidiously difficult to beat.  It's one of those games where efficiency is paramount, and each turn needs to be maximized, or the diseases can get out of control very quickly.


3.  I downloaded a complete customized print-and-play version of Wiz War that I found somewhere-  through BoardGameGeek I think.  Artwork is very nice - I am considering trying to make my own copy of this game, since it seems destined to never be printed again, and Ebay prices are asinine ($200+).  Maybe I'll blog my progress on it if I decide to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment