"What if it rains?" I said.
"Well, just take one game then!"
Here I thought she understood gamers by now.
I am proud that my family is really turning into a bunch of gamers. Especially on that one day at the beach in NJ when it rained from about midnight until 6:00pm. Oh , what to do, cooped up in a cabin all day with 2 active boys? Why, break out the GAMES of course!
MILLE BORNES:
Played this a couple of times - Michelle got this at a thrift store. Old card game of driving, getting flat tires, waiting endlessly for a stupid GO card, etc. We played partners to try to make it easier on Ryan. Dunno, this game just doesn't blow my skirt up, but the kids liked it, so I endured.
LEAPING LEMMINGS:
New game from GMT that I picked up at the WBC. Michelle was leery at first, but this game seemed to catch on with everyone. First game we messed up a rule about how the eagles feast, but once we figured that out, the game is a lot of fun. Even my 7 year old can play it, though he just needs a little help understanding the special action cards.
ROLL THROUGH THE AGES:
Got this awhile ago (don't remember where). Civilization meets Yahtzee. Fairly fun, not very deep, occasionally very frustrating. Might try the free expansion that is available online sometime.
All in all, it was a good day despite the weather. Family game time is some of the most fun we have as a family.
![]() |
| Yeah, that's some awesome hair I had. Shufflin' for Mille Bornes |
![]() |
| Ryan intently moving his lemming in LeapingLemmings |
![]() |
| Michelle studies the board & looks to avoid hungry eagles (or is she trying to get the eagles to eat my lemmings?) |
![]() |
| Roll Through the Ages board - courtesy Alex's superior camera-fu |




No comments:
Post a Comment